Radically extend your flight time and improve your video reliability on 1S Li-ion builds with this 5V voltage booster
One of the major challenges with digital or longer-range 1S builds is supplying enough voltage to the video transmitter, along the whole discharge curve of the battery.
In most cases, Li-po batteries can be discharged down to 3.5 or even 3.3v.
That is already edging the limit of the HDZero Whoop Lite VTX (which tends to completely brownout below 2.8V and will not restart unless power-cycled)
But even more so on Li-ion builds whose batteries can be discharged down to 2.5v – All while showing higher voltage sag under load, which can turn off your video under the slightest punchout past mid-battery capacity
That is why I use a voltage booster on my digital Wingman BNF builds.
I’ve tested quite a mouthful of modules of various sizes and specs, and this one here is the one I chose to go for.
It might not be the most efficient or highest power, but it does fit the most important requirements
It will power your HDZero Whoop lite or Walksnail VTX all the way down to 2.5V and even below, even at full output power.
The packaging works great with the Wingman, fitting neatly between the rear standoffs. (might need a little sanding down the rough edges)
It is in my experience a vital element in building a reliable 18650 1S build, whether be it with a digital or a high-power analog VTX
Entirely removing the video brownout bottleneck and enabling you to experience flights upwards of 20 minutes on a digital Wingman!
- Module Properties: non-isolated step-up module (BOOST)
- Input voltage: 1-5V
- Output voltage: 5.1~5.2V
- Output Current: Rated 1A~1.5A (Single lithium battery input)
- Conversion efficiency: up to 96% ( input voltage, the higher the efficiency )
- Switching Frequency: 500KHz
- Output ripple: 30mV (Max) 20M Bandwidth ( Input 4V, Output 5.1V 1A)
- Voltage indication: LED lights with a load (input voltage is lower than 2.7V LED indicator off )
- Operating temperature: Industrial grade (-40 Celsius to +85 Celsius )
- Full load temperature rise: 30 Celsius
- Quiescent Current: 130uA
- Load regulation: ± 1%
- Voltage regulation: ± 0.5%
- Dynamic response speed: 5% 200uS
- Short circuit protection: None
- Input Reverse Polarity Protection: None
1x Voltage Booster Module